Just as HEMP has helped humans, your dog can reap the same health-boosting (and even life-saving) benefits. The research shows it's promise in helping dogs with a variety of common health issues.
The side effects of HEMP oil for dogs are minimal and only occur in extreme cases. The most commonly reported side effect among HEMP-oil users is drowsiness. But most report that the drowsiness is very similar to that produced by an antihistamine.
Every dog is different, so we highly recommend starting with a low dose. That way, your dog can get used to the new chemical in his system. Here is our recommended progression for giving your dog HEMP oil.
1. Start with 1 drop of Axiom HEMP oil per 10 pounds ONCE per day.
2. Continue administering 1 drop per 10 pounds once per day for one week.
3. Increase the dosage to 1 drop per 10 pounds TWICE per day.
4. Continue administering 1 drop per 10 pounds twice per day for one week.
5. Increase the dosage to 1 drop per 10 pounds THREE TIMES per day.
6. Continue administering 1 drop per 10 pounds three times per day for one week.
7. If necessary, increase the dosage again per the above pattern.
You’ll notice in the above progression that the number of drops per pound never changes. Only the frequency with which you administer those drops changes. The key to this progression is to observe your dog’s reaction and find a dosage that provides the benefits you’re looking for without the side effects.
NOTE: Like humans, every dog is different and how the HEMP will work will be different from each individual cat Experimentation is the way to go, to find what works best on your cat. Start with a small dose and then gradually scale up until you find that "sweet spot" that gives the results you are looking for.