If you’re looking for a way to make money without a huge upfront investment, and without a lot of hassles or work, drop shipping with Axiom Products is exactly what you’ve been looking for.
It’s simple, inexpensive to get started, and your business can be run in your spare time or turned into a full-time business, if you wish to branch out.
With drop shipping, you don’t have to worry about having money to invest in inventory, or about dealing with finding warehouse space or shipping out packages.
Simply add products to your online store, place orders with the drop shipper, and have them sent directly to your customers. For the most part, it’s incredibly straightforward, and hassle-free!
Obviously, like any business, you’ll have to be ready to deal with issues occasionally.
How Drop Shipping Works
Let’s take a quick look at how the drop shipping process works, starting with how to sell using just a single product as an example.
Let’s say you decide to drop ship fidget spinners. You choose a model you believe will be popular, and you create a simple web page for the product with a photo, description, basic information, and a link to buy.
When someone makes a purchase from your page, they pay you at the time of purchase. You then order the product from the supplier’s website, paying for it with the money the customer already paid you, and enter your customer’s shipping address instead of your own.
It’s a bit like making a gift purchase from a site like Amazon. You pay for the product, but you have it shipped directly to the buyer.
Okay, you probably have a whole bunch of questions running through your mind right now. We’ll get to most of them shortly. But yes, it really is that simple.
The first thing you’re probably asking is, “Why not just order the products from Amazon if it’s that simple?”
Well, there are two BIG problems with that. First, you’d never make much of a profit doing that. Products on Amazon are being sold around retail price, so making a profit would be pretty difficult unless you somehow manage to get into a niche market with a lot of demand where you can charge a premium price and still have buyers.
Second, Amazon puts their own promotional material all over everything they send out. While you might get one order from a customer, once they realize the products came from Amazon, they’ll go there, discover the product was much cheaper there, and never order from you again.
Drop Shipping Benefits
You don’t have to use drop shipping to be successful in ecommerce.
You can find success with just one simple, inexpensive product with a relatively small upfront investment.
You can also find success investing a great deal upfront in stock and offering a wide variety of items. It’s totally up to you and your circumstances.
However, if you want to have a full e-commerce site, and you don’t have a lot of money to invest in the beginning, drop shipping is the perfect business model to help you get started. You can always invest in inventory later, once your business is profitable enough.
Keep in mind that drop shipping is not a perfect business model. There are a few issues you need to keep an eye out for, which we will address in the next chapter. But there are some big benefits, too.
Let’s take a look at some of the biggest benefits of drop shipping.
1. For one thing, you don’t have to invest a huge amount of money in the beginning to get started. All you need to get started is a domain, website, and the software to run your shop. In most cases, you can get started for less than a hundred bucks.
2. Also, you don’t have to spend as long sourcing products. One of the most time-consuming elements of e-commerce is finding the right products for your shop, and when you use drop shipping, you’ll often be able to source multiple products from the same supplier.
3. It’s also very easy to add inventory to your shop, because most major drop shipping suppliers either have a plugin you can use to automatically add inventory to your shop, or they have CSV files you can import into your software to control your stock. This is a huge time saver.
4. Another great thing about drop shipping is that there is much less risk involved. Since you are not investing in product upfront, you don’t have to worry about getting stuck with unsold inventory if you buy something that turns out to not be as popular as you anticipated.
5. It’s also very nice to not have to worry about having warehouse space, managing inventory, and sending out packages. These are all things that are expensive and time consuming, and they are completely avoided by using drop shipping. These are just a few of the biggest benefits, and you can probably already see how great it can be for someone who’s just getting started!